Sunday, May 23, 2010

In Remembrance of Ann Duncan


The following are remembrances and condolences that has been forwarded to me for the family from IAWP friends.

############################################

I met Ann Duncan years ago when I began to attend our Annual IAWP Conferences. She certainly stood out in the crowd in more than her physical stature. She was soft-spoken but very passionate about topics that meant so much to her such as IAWP and women in policing. You could sense the care and thoughtfulness of the words she chose when she addressed a group on whatever topic she talked about.
It was my pleasure to later serve alongside Ann as a Regional Coordinator on the IAWP Board. Ann will be sorely missed within IAWP. We are all better people for having known her.
I extend my deepest condolences to her husband, Roland, son, Chris, her extended family, and the women officers around the world who are left to go on without Ann in our physical presence. Godspeed Ann!

Donna Wright


We will miss Ann so very much—she was such a great leader for the women of her Region and actively sought ways to better serve all of them.

Cande Ackler



My prayers are with the family and friends of Mrs. Duncan. A great loss.

Stacy Lim
Los Angeles Police Department



I met Ann so long ago that I cannot even remember the year! It seems that she has always been with us sharing her wisdom and courage...so active and alive. She will be sorely missed in our organization and we would do well to both recognize her work and help to highlight the legacy she leaves so that other young women might follow in her footsteps. My condolences go out to her family and friends.

Laura Goodman



It is really too sad to hear about the death of Ann Duncan.
Ann was a friend to many women police. She used to give me good
advices and encouragement in my work. It is really sad that she has gone for ever. May Almighty God rest her soul in International Peace

Kind Regards,

Hellen K. Alyek



This is such sad news. We shall miss her terribly, but more so our Carribean collaegues who she worked so hard for.

Julia Jaeger



I met Ann and Roland in Seattle; they stopped by to say hello and welcome me to IAWP. She met my son Joseph. She was elegant and poised and will be deeply missed. I am personally saddened.

Carol Paterick

No comments:

Post a Comment