Sunday, November 08, 2009

Members catch up with Chaplain Dow in LV



Recently a few IAWP members have caught up with me while visiting Las Vegas. Last month the (AARP) American Association of Retired People (Hey Lynette are you a member yet?) held its annual conference in Las Vegas. I was able to catch up with former IAWP Vice President Deb Montgomery and her husband, Robert and to catch up with former IAWP Regional Coordinator Donna Stauffer. It was great to see them and to catch up on the activities in their lives.

Shortly after that IAWP Regional Coordinator and IAWP Minneapolis (Minn) 2010 Conference Director Marie Przynski caught up with me while in town at a Narcotics conference. She and I took in the Forum Shops in Ceasar's Palace. We dined at Trevi by the Las Vegas Trevi fountain and talked about the plans for 2010. The IAWP will be honoring fallen female officers from the past 20 years.

If your agency has lost a female officer in the line of duty since 1989 please let me know via email so I can relay the information to Marie. The Minn Conference will also be unique in that it will provide training for the legal realm, corrections and law enforcement.

I am wearing my Halloween costume in the photo with Marie. My office had a holiday costume party. I decided in honor of the many nurses I have met while my mom have been going through her journey with breast cancer to wear a pink themed modern nursing outfit. Pink is the color used in the US to symbolize breast cancer awareness. October is also the month in which the awareness campaigns are run.

No comments:

Post a Comment