Thursday, June 04, 2009

OnBehalfofJulie


Former IAWP Executive Director Julie Brunzell (Pictured here in 2008 in St. John, Newfoundland) is a courageous cancer survivor. She is in the final phases of her treatment and was fit and in good spirits at our recent Spring Board Meeting in Kentucky. Julie recently shared the follow information with me. If you are able to assist these ladies in their fund raising effort for this worthy cause please do so.

FROM JULIE BRUNZELL:

Greetings, Everyone.

Two of my dearest colleagues at work, Stephanie and Sandi, are walking in the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk this summer, August 21-23. 2009. It’s 60 miles. Ouch. They are in training as we speak. They have called themselves Team Julie, the BWJPettes, and are in need of each raising $2,300, therefore I am reaching out to you.

Please consider donating to this. I am grateful and humbled by their efforts and hope you are, too.

Here is Sandi's letter:

"I have taken on an incredible challenge! At the end of August 2009, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.

It's for an event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day, which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. They are working hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising $2300 to help bring us closer to that goal.

Please consider making a donation of $60 - that's only one dollar for every mile I walk! If you can't give this amount all at once, you can spread it out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at www.The3Day.org. Please also ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift. Any contribution that you can make will be very appreciated!

This past year, in the course of a few short weeks, my dear friend and coworker learned she had advanced breast cancer and began her chemotherapy. Over the last few months, we have all watched her struggle to fight the cancer, as well as the exhausting effects of the treatments. In her honor, my office joined together to form "Team Julie," with three of us volunteering to walk and the others helping in a variety of ways.

Without a cure, one in eight women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.

Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage and make a donation. If you don't want to donate online, please download and print a donation form and mail it to the address on the form. Or you can call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone. I would like to reach my fundraising goal by July 1, 2009, so please don't wait!

Thank you for taking the time to read this email, and thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Sandi Murphy

P.S. Don't wait - please help me reach my goal and donate today!
Click here to visit my personal page.

Visit the web address:http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/TwinCitiesEvent?px=3230982&pg=personal&fr_id=1302&et=QAW72PwvrBkPEIhjDo3wVQ..&s_tafId=85050 "



Thank you, in advance, for your consideration. This is one of the few times I will be playing the “cancer trump card”.

With all my love and grace, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment